Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sunrise spectators


I stopped briefly this morning to grab this shot of the sunrise over lake Morton in Lakeland. The lens on my camera at the moment was a  Tamron 135mm f/2.8. I bought this lens from someone on ebay for $19.99 plus shipping . It's an older lens that won't meter on my camera, so I  have to shoot in "m" mode. I really enjoy its shallow depth of field. The 135mm focal length isn't commonly used on aps c sensor'ed cameras (except for macro photography) and I enjoy the unique perspective.

  Normally, I would put a much wider lens on to shoot such a spectacular sky, but I really didn't have time to change lenses, get out of the car and really put together a great composition. Glancing in the mirror, there was nobody behind me in traffic, so I  Just stopped in the middle of the road rolled the window down and and shot a few frames.

Good morning Lakeland!

No comments:

Post a Comment